South Africa’s floral kingdom in the semi-desert
A five-star 4×4 adventure route exploring Namaqualand
Over the years the Namaqualand experience was reserved for people, travelling by bus, staying on farms that were converted as guest houses for the flower season. Two decades ago, the Namaqua National Park came into existence when a number of farms were bought by SANParks and developed into national heritage. The Park, as well as the innovative work done by guides like Dudley Wessels, allows 4×4 enthusiast to come and enjoy the park in all its splendour, by camping under the stars and interacting with the local communities. This is a unique opportunity to experience something special, right on our doorstep.
- Total distance: +/- 600 km
- Distance between fuel stations: 400 km
- Terrain: Sand, riverbed, gravel road, mountain pass, spoor.
- Starts: Nigramoep
- Ends: Muisbosskerm
- Includes: Dinner the first night at Nigramoep, light breakfast, lunch & dinner, eating utensils, camping fees, permits, 2-way radios, ablution facility & shower (evening only)
- Excludes: beverages and snacks
- Maximum: 12 vehicles
- Minimum: 16 adults
- Cost: R 11 400,00 pp